Tuesday, September 6, 2011

REMEMBER

A couple of months ago, I went on a quest to find out how I can recharge. Through that search, it was revealed to me that I had lost my joy. How could I have lost my joy? This put me on a new chase. I know, as a Christ follower, His joy in our life is essential. It is our strength.

Last blog I shared how joy is not a matter of the ups and downs of life, but rather it is a fruit that is placed within us by the Holy Spirit. It is relational rather than circumstantial. Another way that we can lose our joy is through forgetfulness. We forget what Jesus has done for us. We forget His promises. We forget that earth is not our permanent home and that our real home is in heaven. Sometimes, we can't remember because we simply don't know. In order to know, we must search so we can remember. What is it? What is promised? How do we fit into it?

I challenge myself to memorize God's promises to us. I can't remember them if I don't know them. If I see a book about heaven, I have to devour it. It is our future. It is our joy. In Ephesians 1:18, Paul prays that, "Your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the wonderful future He has promised to those He has called. I want you to realize what a rich and glorious inheritance He has given to His people". The Message Bible says He gives us "endless energy and boundless strength". What a joy that awaits us! What promises we have right here and now!

God's goodness is all around us. On Fridays, I try not to request anything of Him. I focus on all the gifts He has blessed us with and glean on His promises. I find myself reminded of the beauty of creation and all that I seem to take for granted that is right under my nose. It is necessary for me to remember. I must choose to learn more about what I should remember. I find a peace and a trust and an anticipation that creates a deep-rooted joy. I find strength. ....... - Remember -

1 comment:

  1. For me, real joy sometimes seems elusive...like trying to reach out and capture a butterfly. But I've come to realize that joy isn't about the capture but in the freedom to see the beauty in all of God's creation. Each morning I find joy and hope in saying, "This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it." When I choose to start my day with this loving commitment I'm filled with all the hope and strength I'll need for that day. It also helps me to remember that this day was made especially by God and His will for me will unfold as I become more aware of His presence. Some of the most joyful moments of my day is in taking the time to be still and talk to my Heavenly Father. My parents and brother are with the Lord and when I start to feel disconnected without a family...I feel the warm embrace of God's presence and a soft voice saying..."You are my daughter and I am your Father forever. For me, "Joy" does come in the morning when I start my day thanking God for giving me another day to learn more about Him and His plans for my life.

    ReplyDelete