Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Time Alone With God

We are all distracted. In a world of non-stop communication and sensory stimulation, we have got to deliberately take time daily to shut it all out and spend time in the silence. God is patiently waiting for our undivided attention. If you've chosen to read this, then you have the time. Why put it off? Stop right now - even if it's only 10 minutes. Turn everything off and give yourself totally to Him. God is crazy about you and desires to talk with you, one on One. Go ..... I think He's calling your name.

"Come near to God and He will come near to you."   (James 4:8)

1 comment:

  1. Its rather sad that we may find ourselves as Christians trying to work God into our busy lives especially since we put the "busy" in our lives not God. Setting time aside to spend with God is more than just changing our habits...it's an opportunity to change our lives. For me, it stands to reason to start my day with God. If I wait until the middle of the day or at night I would have missed the lessons and blessings in every moment of my day. For today, I'll stop making the excuse that God is to busy to hear from me and know that His time with me is infinite and always welcomed...my first lesson from this message. Talking to God is like getting hugs from a Father who loves you unconditionally. Its time for me to hug him back with words of praise and gratefulness.

    ReplyDelete